Nunivak Island

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Blog Review

I have enjoyed reading many blogs through out this course. Many great educators who are passionate about teaching. There were many great personal stories about life in many different corners of Alaska. The following are a few responses I made to some of my class mates:
http://http://bill-wendlandt.blogspot.com/
Bill, I enjoy listening to you talk about your experience in the Arctic. It is obvious that you are enjoying your time there. You have a strong science background and are able to apply that knowledge to the new environment you find yourself in now. You are lucky in some regards to be a scientist who resides in the Arctic right now as it is undergoing so many changes.
http://catwalkerexplore.blogspot.com/2010/03/module-viii.html#comments
Cat, I had difficulty posting a comment directly to your blog but I thought you did a great job of finding external content and resources that applied to the last 2 modules. It is obvious that you are a great student and that is an attribute that I am sure makes you a great educator. Your students are lucky to have a teacher who values education like you do.
http://misty-wovenideas.blogspot.com/2010/03/module-ix.html#comments
Misty, I am impressed that you are in this science class as I see you are an art teacher. Any art teacher who incorporates science into her art lessons is ok in my book. Perhaps if would have had an art teacher like you, my art portfolio would consist of more than an elaborate collection of stick figures.
http://lisazalaska.blogspot.com/2010/03/module-ixthe-final-blog.html#comments
Lisa, I enjoyed hearing about activities you do with your students . You have obviously done your homework on this class and I am sure, like me, you learned a lot about our climate. By the way great pictures.

I did have difficulty posting some of these responses to some of the actuall blogs and others I did not have any problems at all. Oh well , yet another tricky quirk to the "blogger" program

1 comment: